Each year, to encourage the pursuit of a college education, the International Carwash Association presents a $1,000 Larry Harrell Scholarship to a deserving recipient. Recipients are selected on the basis of high school standing, leadership roles, community involvement, honors and response to the 500-word essay.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Be employees, or direct family members of employees, of an International Carwash Association member.
- Must be a graduating high school senior, or have graduated in the past three years;
- Must be enrolled (or will enroll) at an accredited post-secondary educational institution;
- Not be the owner, or a direct family member of the owner, of the member location.
Applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Scholarship application, along with essay
- Copy of acceptance letter from accredited post-secondary educational institution
- Letter of recommendation