Car Wash Consumer Research Study
If you're looking for information about today's Car Wash Consumer, you're in the right place!
Get everything you need to learn more about today's consumer, specifically their attitudes and behaviors around using a professional car wash.
Since the mid-1990s, International Carwash Association has conducted a national survey of U.S. car owners about their car washing habits. The latest survey focuses on four primary areas:
- Incidence (home washing versus professional washing)
Data was gathered from an online survey fielded in October 2016 of 1,606 respondents to own or lease a vehicle and were 18 years or older. This is the full 352 page research deck, containing all questions, answers and demographic statistics. This report features an in-depth look at:
- Age of vehicle versus car wash frequency
- Recognition of the benefits of professional car washing (“less work,” “faster,” better overall quality,” etc.)
- Car wash experience as compared to other retail businesses frequented by consumers
- Use of digital/social marketing
- Unlimited wash program usage
- Type of car wash used most frequently
- Frequency of washing at a car wash
- Frequency of washing at home
- Comparison of benefit beliefs in home versus professional car washing
- Key attitudes and demographics for full-service, exterior, automatic (roll-over), hand and self-service customers
The full study is available for $1,000 with an executive summary available for $299.