Brand new detailed reports by wash type and region available
For nearly 25 years, International Carwash Association has conducted research to determine consumer attitudes and behaviors around professional car washing. The complete findings of the 2019 edition of the study are available as full market analysis brochure, as well as detailed additional purchase packages, which for the first time ever include reports and data sets customized by wash type or region.
Consistent with past studies, the key areas of learning for the 2019 U.S. Study center on:
- INCIDENCE: How has the mix of home vs. professional car washing changed?
- VALUE: What do consumers most value in car wash services?
- BARRIERS: What would make consumers want to wash (or wash more often) at a professional car wash?
- DIFFERENTIATION: What factors influence consumer preference for one wash over another?
Respondents for the 2019 edition included:
- 1,800 respondents
- Must own or lease a vehicle
- 18 years or older
- Data weighted to the U.S. census
Here’s a few highlights:
- Americans love a clean car—no matter what. Even amid the “retail apocalypse,” a recent downturn where retail businesses failed at a rate not seen since the Great Depression, car wash operations continued to thrive.
- There was a marked increase in the percentage of customers who chose a professional car wash most often, while DIY car washing declined. A record setting 83% of Americans washed their vehicle at a professional wash in 2019.
- The study contains additional actionable learning about customer insights to help improve the customer experience and increase customer wash frequency.
- Complete Package, $950 | Full executive summary, featuring detailed analysis of all findings from the research, plus the complete data set and breakdown of all research
- Complete U.S. Brochure: $450 | A full detailed analysis of all findings from the research
- Report Package by Wash Type: $750 | An executive summary analyzing the findings from the wash type of your choice, plus the data set for that wash type
- Data by Region: $500 | The data report for the U.S. region of your choice